Monday, August 12, 2013

Craft Lake City Recap

    First things first, I was actually suppose to post my pictures from the Faire on Saturday, but something happened last Friday. I was so so upset and depress, hurt and sad and wanted to cry. My laptop died, kaput, gone (well hopefully not gone), it went bye-bye. Arrgghh! I was upset and not in a happy mood, I had my brother-n-law look at my laptop. He's dealt with computers before and a pretty good expert, I was hoping it was something little. So After I came home from the Craft Lake City, I thought it would be fixed.To dismay it couldn't be fixed. He told me that a new hard drive might fixed it, luckily he was kind and generous and lend me his old laptop until I get a new hard drive and get my laptop fixed. I'm just worried about my pictures, I know I know I should of backed up but I didn't (my fault).I don't know how long until my sorry-ass laptop will be fixed and ready. All I think of is my pictures, it makes me sad to think of it all gone, just gone. There was some personal photos that I wanted to remember, just thinking about it makes me depress.  Anyway lets just hope I can save my laptop and I'm just glad I can still post on my blog. I don't want to think of it (pitcures) its gonna make me sad again. I need to move on and focus on other things. 
Like my Craft Lake City Faire, Karen and I went Friday night. We rode up to Salt Lake, to the Gallivan Center right smack in the city. The entrance was free, and tons of local artisans.There was so many things to look at in a short little time.There's quite of few jewelry, bags, handmade dresses, some vintage clothing, soaps, and letterpress items.
I think looking around distracted me of taking pictures because all of a sudden it got dark, haha. My sister and I waited till we got there and ate, we had pizza from "The Pie" best pizza ever and lemonade from "Large's Lemonade" I wanted to take picture of it but it was pretty dark when we ate. I can tell you this, it was very delish, and tasty mm,mm. The lemonade oh my gosh! very tasty I had it with raspberry flavor very tart and sweet. It was good a dinner. 
There was food trucks but we didn't get any there because one was serving seafood and I can't have seafood after an allergic reaction. Another one was selling like noodles, it was not hittin the spot but I guess the pizza was calling us.
Before it got dark, I stopped by these guys. They were selling coffee, I bought a pour over for $2.They grind the coffee and made a cup for me. The beans looked very light, he told me the taste would be sweet, and light. I also bought a bottle of ice coffee for home about $5. Sadly its all gone, I finished the rest of the bottle this morning. They told me they will be selling their coffee at a local coffee shop but can shop online on their website bluecopperslc.com I asked in advance if I could take a picture of them making my drink, they said yes but they were acting kinda shy about it. 
I don't know who was playing but looking out, the crowd all around is huge. It was pretty busy before we left and it was almost closing time too. 
I don't know who these guys were, but they sounded good I guess. I was busy chomping on a piece of gum while I was taking pictures. 
 I had a great time and my sister too, it was nice to have something like this around because there aren't many places that show case local artisans. I just wish they have more events like this near my house. I don't mind traveling to the city, its nice to get away from the suburbia life good times. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment